Thankfulness

I have been struggling to find a new topic to write about, coming up with the time to write it, and honestly digging up the courage to continue this blog. I am one who hates starting something and not finishing it. I also despise doing things half-@$$ed. With that said, I started this blog and I want to continue it. I also want my posts to be well put-together and thought through. So these posts may be far and in-between, but I am not quitting!

With that said, here is a new post FINALLY!

This topic hit me last night as I was turning off the television, checking the doors and clicking on the lamp. The tiny pair of tennis shoes by the front door brought a smile to my face. The binky on the side table, toys lined up on the fire place and smelly socks laying inside-out on the stairs made my heart swell with pride. I am a blessed woman. That messy living room means I have children making memories. Those socks on the stairs mean I have a hard working husband who feels comfortable enough in his home to take his socks off and relax. The coffee pot that needs to be cleaned out means I have access to a drink that literally can change the outcome of my day. (Yes, I am a coffee-aholic and I am not ashamed one bit). I am learning to find the joy in things that once stressed me out. It is hard when life gets difficult, throwing one thing after another at you; bills, unexpected expenses, washing machine breaking down, kids getting sick, etc. It can wear on you, it can make even the tiniest thing (like a pile of laundry) throw you into a frenzy and make you want to cry. It's at times like that when I try so hard to remember my blessings. Easier said than done, I know. It is okay to have a little emotional breakdown (I have had several, lack of sleep does funny things to you) but then it is time to stand tall and shake it off. Count those blessings. Whether you're stressed out about school loans coming through, your car needing an oil change, or rent/mortgage payment due and low funds just remember this: You got an education, you have a vehicle to drive, you have a roof over your head. We are blessed people! Smile, take a deep breath, and finding SOMETHING to be thankful for today. Have a thankful heart and watch your life change for the better!

“The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” 
 Henry Ward Beecher


Here are some things I am thankful for this morning (in no particular order):

1) Sleep. I am thankful that my almost 8 month old FINALLY sleeps through the night (as of the last 3 nights, praying it stays this way)

2) Coffee. There is magic in coffee. Not kidding, it gives me about 30 minutes of insane courage and strength, like I can conquer the world!

3) Friends. I am thankful for my friends and their listening ear, support, laughs, and presence!

4) Family. Family is everything to me. EVERYTHING.

5) Pooping in peace. Yes, you read that right. If you're a mom, you'll totally get it. If you aren't, well, appreciate uninterrupted poops while you can.

6) Pictures. Yes I take a billion pictures, but there is a reason! I love looking back at them and remembering those times, seeing how far we've come and just enjoying those memories.

7) Sound machines. K.M. is napping peacefully with the sound of the ocean drowning out her loud sister.

8) Washing machines. Cleaning cloth diapers by hand sure doesn't sound too appealing.

9) Planners. They give me a false sense that I am in control.

10) Life. It is short, and I am thankful for every moment, good and bad.

11) GOD. He is my rock, my salvation, my hero.

Comments

  1. Amen to #5! Those occasions are few and far between in my world :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment