What's For Dinner Tonight?

I woke up this morning to rain. I usually don't mind rain, but today I hate it. I left two diapers on the clothesline and our painted pumpkins on the front porch. Pumpkins painted with washable paint. Fail. Let's have a moment of silence for those pumpkins....

Okay, I feel better. 
As for the diapers? They'll dry. 

Anyway, with this rainy weather I figured today would be the perfect day to bust out one of my favorite crockpot recipes and share with you all! I can't take any credit for this recipe, I pulled it off of Pinterest a couple of years ago, but it has been a fall/winter favorite in our household.


CROCKPOT CHEESE TORTELLINI SOUP
IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE "TORTELLINI", ASK MY GRANDMA JO :)

INGREDIENTS:

19oz bag frozen tortellini
1 small bag fresh spinach (use as little or as much as you want)
2 (14.5oz) cans Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
1 block (8oz)  cream cheese, softened in microwave
1 lb ground pork/chicken/turkey sausage***
3-4 cups chicken broth

INSTRUCTIONS:

Brown the sausage and place all ingredients in the crockpot,
chunking up the cream cheese
Cook on low 4-6 hours

We love this recipe and it is so easy!!!

***I usually fix this with ground turkey sausage but our store no longer carries it and dragging 3 kiddos across town isn't worth it, so we used pork today.





Comments